28th December to 4th January 2014
BARSC U10/U12 (Minis) EVENTS
British National Children’s Championships
2 & 5 April 2013, Méribel, France
Published 21st March 2013
UPDATE ....10th August 2012....
Constitution Implementation – Membership and Committee Set up
The following/attached is a précis of the document which was published by Dave Edwards on 20th August. For full details can I suggest you read the whole document carefully.
BSS is in the process of setting up the construction of the new constitution and to do that it needs all those, who are interested, to become members of BSS under the various categories set out in the document attached. (I have simplified below)
Each member has to commit to their Club and to a discipline committee.
· FIS licence holders are automatically made members and have to choose the club they wish to affiliate to: Cost included in the FIS licence
· Past FIS licence holders: Clubs need to encourage as many people as possible who have previously held FIS licences or who races for their country if they competed before FIS licences started. They need to sign up to membership on line and state their affiliated club.
· Organisers (coaches, TDs, selectors, administrators): You need to join and indicate your club and the discipline within which you work.
· Clubs already members of Home Nations need to join
· Clubs who are not members of Home Nations need to join
· All competitors over the age of 16 registered with a HN.
· Race entrants over the age of 16 competing in a BSS endorsed race (Schoolboys and Schoolgirls)
· Supporter members – anyone over 16 who would like to support BSS.
Each Club's voting rights are based on the number of members each club has … therefore the more people who become members the more votes the club receives. 1 vote for 10 club members up to 20 votes.
The voting ability is very important going forward because the Alpine Discipline committee is created by those members who have put down Alpine and an Alpine Club.. can vote in the elections for Discipline Committee members.
The elections for the Discipline Committees will be held between 21st October and 31st October 2012 and the election results will be posted on 2nd November. Therefore all clubs need to process their membership application as soon as possible.
UPDATE ..... 6th AUGUST 2012 - URGENT RELEASE
Please read this press release urgently for revised BARSC plans for 2012/13.
After consultation with clubs, coaches and the governing bodies, BARSC have reviewed and made major changes to their plans for the winter season 2012/2013. The board believe that these changes are in the best interests of the sport and of our athletes' long term development.
RESULTS - BARSC CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
Update 22nd December: Due to high winds Monterosa Ski was unable to operate Champoluc today.
The second BARSC GS race fro children and juniors has been canceled.
Giant Slalom Girls Race 1 . please click here to download the results
Slalom Girls Combined - Please click here to download the results
BRING CHILDREN TO THE SNOW
Snowkidz is a new initiative that has been endorsement by the FIS Council and is being heavily supported by FIS. For any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can link by clicking here to the Snowkidz website